02-Planeta_manchette_175x100
Allegrini 2018
REFLECTIONS

Between wine fairs and guides: the future according to Angelo Gaja

Paris possible new center of the wine business, while the competition moves to Asia, where it is “desirable to have a Vinitaly-Vinexpo alliance”

Vinexpo Bordeaux, which for years has been the most important international wine fair in the world, abandoned for a long time by the great Chateaux, is now in difficulty, but could be relaunched in Paris, where it will debut in 2020, to the point that, “if there are no problems will be Paris in the future to host the most prestigious international wine fair that takes place in Europe”. At the same time, however, “it will be on the foreign markets of Asia and Africa that European wines will have to find new consumers. It will be more important to know how to intercept them at home than to attract them to our home”.
And on this, the competition between Vinexpo, Vinitaly, and Prowein has already launched, but “with repetitive events on the Asian market that put a strain on the wineries, exposing them to the threat of a waste of resources and time”, also as a result of incentive-drug contributions of the Ocm Wine. For this reason, we hope that “Vinexpo and Vinitaly will join forces and plan a single joint exhibition capable of welcoming and becoming an expression of the promotion of European wine on international markets. The interest is mutual, the producers would appreciate it”. Words by Angelo Gaja, one of the most visionary Italian producers, and a long-time “wine globetrotter”.
It also speaks of the criticism, and the link between the two most authoritative voices in the world, one of the wine “The Wine Advocate”, founded by Robert Parker and then passed into the hands of investors the other of the kitchen, Michelin, which some have taken over 40% of the same “The Wine Advocate”. “The rumors that follow one another would suggest that the Michelin Guide is interested in taking over the remaining 60%. Thus, in addition to being recognized for the stars awarded to catering, it would also become the guide to the most prestigious wines, French and not only. A strategic primacy”.

Copyright © 2000/2019


Contatti: info@winenews.it
Seguici anche su Twitter: @WineNewsIt
Seguici anche su Facebook: @winenewsit


Questo articolo è tratto dall'archivio di WineNews - Tutti i diritti riservati - Copyright © 2000/2019

Altri articoli